BCL Chat: What Books Are you Looking Forward in 2018?
Jul 11th, 2018 by blackchicklit
We told you we'd be asking this question again. It's our favorite and you all always deliver some awesome recommendations.
Before we dig into them, though, we spend some time discussing the trailer for the upcoming The Hate U Give movie, Laura Ingalls Wilder's messiness and a bunch of surveys. We also share some follow-up information from Leesa Cross-Smith, the author of our previous pick, Whiskey & Ribbons. Thanks to @shortiegirl44, @lilpocketbooks, @Everywoman98, @MonlatReader, @LocPressedBooks and @OnlySharaeRae for their recommendations.
Books mentioned in this episode:
- The Hate U Give, by Angie Thomas
- On the Come Up, by Angie Thomas
- Becoming, by Michelle Obama
- Housegirl, by Michael Donkor
- Woman Trapped in the Dark, J.D. Mason
- Temper, by Nicky Drayden
- The Black God's Drums, by P. Djélí Clark
- John Woman, by Walter Mosley
- My Sister the Serial Killer, by Oyinkan Braithwaite
- A Princess in Theory, by Alyssa Cole
- A Duke by Default, by Alyssa Cole
- An Unconditional Freedom, by Alyssa Cole
- Heads of the Colored People, by Nafissa Thompson-Spires
- Welcome to Night Vale, by Joseph Fink and Jeffery Cranor
- It Devours!, by Joseph Fink and Jeffery Cranor
- The Duchess Deal, by Tessa Dare
- Forged by Desire, by Brenda Jackson
- Lincoln in the Bardo, by George Saunders
- Song of Blood and Stone, by L. Penelope
Thanks for listening in and join us when we read Bingo Love, written by Tee Franklin, illustrated by Jenn St-Onge, Joy San and Cardinal Rae.