Episode 3: “We Love You, Charlie Freeman”
Nov 16th, 2016 by Black Chick Lit
We are oh-for-two on knowing what it is we’re actually reading. This episode, we talk Kaitlyn Greenridge’s We Love You, Charlie Freeman, an eerie and uncomfortable examination of race, communication and family. Tune in for anxiety attacks, asshole chimpanzees and, as always, us mispronouncing the names of all your favs.
Have you read We Love You, Charlie Freeman? Got a book you think we should check out? Tweet us at @blackchicklit.
Books mentioned in this episode:
- The Sellout, by Paul Beatty
- Americanah, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- The Pillars of the Earth, Ken Follett
- The Paper Menagerie and Other Stories, Ken Liu
- Swing Time, by Zadie Smith